Welcome to the Idlescape Chess Tournament, where chess enthusiasts of all skill levels are invited to participate in an exciting and friendly competition. Whether you’re a seasoned chess player or just starting out, this tournament is a great opportunity to test your skills, meet new people, and have fun. The tournament will be held on chess.com, with games played in a rapid format and scores tracked on Challonge. There are prizes for the top three places, so give it your best shot! Don’t miss out on this chance to be a part of the Idlescape Chess Tournament!
- Games must be held on Chess.com
- First to 2 points win. Win = 1. Loss = 0. Draw = 0.5 to each player. Maximum of 4 games.
- If there is a tie. a subsequent game of Blitz (3+2) will be played. First to win, wins the match.
- Games will be of the rapid format. 10+0 (10 minutes, 0 second increment)
- You will have a day to play your game, or be forfeited for that match.
- Scores and matches will be tracked on Challonge. Link to be given in Discord after registration ends.
- The winner of the match must report the score in the #chess-tournament Discord channel.
- The tournament is a double elimination bracket where losing a match will result in being placed in the loser’s bracket. Two losses will result in elimination.
- Cheating and/or outside help will get you disqualified.
- 1st place: 5000 Platinum & Gold Medal
- 2nd place: 3000 Platinum & Silver Medal
- 3rd place: 2000 Platinum & Bronze Medal
- Registration opens on Friday, May 5th at 2:00 PM Idlescape server time (UTC)
- Registration closes on Friday, May 12th at 8:00 PM Idlescape server time (UTC)
- Tournament will start on May 15th. Schedule will be announced in #chess-tournament later
- Tournament length depends on the amount of participants
How to join
Fill out the form here and you are in!
Make sure to join the Discord channel #chess-tournament for the tournament. All announcements, schedules, planning of games will take place in there.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Scrubbus#4589 or Boohi#4553 in Discord!